Fracture-Guard 5000 is a one step mold resistant membrane composed of a modified latex elastomer that provides a monolithic surface. Its thin section (approx. 20 mils) and excellent elongation will inhibit the transferral of cracks from the substrate to the finished surface. The membrane is installed in a semi-fluid state and can be applied to any form or irregular shape. Wood surfaces must meet L/360 for tile applications and L/720 for natural stone. Mer-Krete Systems will provide our standard warranty for all interior wood floor applications meeting the above requirements over OSB or plywood. Cement backer boards are not required when the subfloor meets deflection requirements as specified by TCNA and the Marble Institute of America.
Fracture-Guard 5000 may be installed over any sound substrate normally acceptable to receive ceramic, quarry, porcelain and stone tiles and is ideal for residential and light commercial applications. In addition, Mer-Krete Fracture-Guard 5000 may be installed over plywood and OSB board Sub-Floors when installed to ANSI requirements.
When installed in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications, Fracture-Guard will inhibit cracking caused by movement in the subfloor when tile and stone overlays are used. Overlays should be adhered using Mer-Krete Latex 200 and Filler 211 or Thin-Set 710 to ensure compatibility. Existing cracks over 1/8" should be filled with Mer-Krete PUC 1000 Caulk prior to the application of the membrane. Fracture-Guard 5000 may also be used as a moisture resistant product.*
- Installs quickly. Cures in 2 hours at 70° F, 50% R.H.
- Excellent adhesion to most common substrates.
- Thin section – does not interfere with elevations.
- Apply with brush, roller or trowel.
- Will not support mold growth.
- Will not bridge substrate expansion joints. Consult a Mer-Krete technical representative for required special treatment.
- Wood subsurfaces may require special preparation. Consult manufacturer.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR INSTALLATION:
When covering existing slabs or uneven surfaces, the use of Mer-Krete Underlayment is recommended as a smoothing coat or to provide required pitch. For wood subsurfaces used as traffic areas, follow TCA guidelines. Surfaces to be coated must be clean and free of contaminants. Sealers, curing compounds and all protrusions must be removed prior to application. All control joints should be filled with Mer-Krete PUC 1000 caulking.
Work should be performed only by an applicator trained and familiar with these products, and in strict accordance with manufacturer applications specifications, abbreviated below:
1. Prepare and clean the surface and allow to dry before installing Fracture-Guard 5000.
2. For all surfaces, apply an even coat of Fracture-Guard 5000 (20 mils minimum) to the area using a brush, roller or 1/8" v-notched trowel.
3. Allow to dry before installing overlay. Maximum adhesion is achieved after 7 days.
- When positive waterproofing is required, use Hydro-Guard 2000.
- For exterior applications consult manufacturer.
NOW WITH MOLD PRO
To help guard against the growth of mold and mildew on its surface in damp areas.
PHYSICAL & TECHNICAL DATA:
Adhesion: > 250 p.s.i.
Elongation: > 800%
(At installation) +40°F to 120°F
(After installation) -60°F to 200°F
(Total immersion for 24 hours) < 1%
Percent Solids: 70%
Meets ANSI 118.12 Requirements
Approx. Coverage: 300 sf
You may also be interested in the following product(s)