American Sanders Legend Belt Sander
Qualifies for FREE Shipping
This 8" belt sander delivers aggressive cutting capability and smooth operation, resulting in exceptionally flat floors.
The American Sanders Legend is the most advanced 8" belt sander available to the professional wood floor contractor. This innovative machine delivers aggressive cutting capability and smooth operation, resulting in exceptionally flat floors. Every system of the Legend works cohesively to give the operator precise control of the machine with consistent results on even the toughest job site conditions.
- Powerful 4HP (6.5HP Peak) Continuous Duty Motor
- Easy Drum Pressure Adjustment
- 5 Settings (50, 60, 70, 80, 90 lb)
- Tune your machine for specific job site conditions or personal preference
- Enhanced Chassis Suspension System
- A balanced system of compression and extension springs provides superior stability, helping to eliminate side cutting, wave, and chatter on damaged and uneven floors
- Dual Mode Feathering Handle
- Drum and Top Roller System
- Advanced engineering provides an aggressive cut while requiring minimal operator maintenance.
- "V" Crown, dynamically balanced upper roller
- Precision balanced drum with cooling slots
- Simple, fast, precise paper alignment
- Vented paper door facilitates dust collection, reduces buildup on upper roller
- Laser Guide for Enhanced Sight Lines
- Monitor Critical Functions
- Digital Run-Time Meter
- Digital Volt Meter
- On-Board Circuit Breaker
- Onboard Transport Dolly
- Can be left on machine without fear of rubbing the wall
- Remove or attach in seconds
- Multi-Use Transport Handle
- Carry the motor or carry the frame
- Tool-Free Quick Release Motor Mount
- Optional Stair Climber Dolly
- Control Center with Intuitive Power Switch and USB Charge Port
- Optional Adjustable Height Handle: Adjustable height handle provides ergonomic comfort to reduce fatigue for operators of all sizes.
- 4 Settings
- Lowest Setting: 33.6" from floor
- Highest setting: 37.9" from floor
- Dust-Free Bag Connection
- Check valve connector prevents dust release when bag is disconnected
- Also accepts drawstring bag or vacuum hose
- Dust tube rotates freely or can be locked in place
- Dual Poly-V Belts
- Reduced vibration
- No need to loosen belt tension in between jobs
- Tool-Free Belt Tension Release
- Bright White LED Work Light
- Reduced Noise Level
- Onboard Tool Kit
Motor: 6.5 hp peak / 4 hp continuous
208 - 230 V / 60 Hz 240 V / 50 Hz (3 hp / 2.2 kW)
Drum Size: 8 in
Drum Pressure (5 Positions): 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 lb
Wheels: Molded urethane wheels - 4 in
Caster - 3 in split-type
Power Cable: 50 ft. gray, non-marking, rubber
Transport: Patented Dolly Transport System
Dimensions: 35 x 14 x 37 in
Weight: 200 lb
Shipping Weight: 290 lb
Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor
Most orders ship within 1-2 business days. Please allow an additional 2-5 days for standard UPS Ground delivery. If an item qualifies for free ground shipping, this will be noted in the product description. A shipping quote for your order can be seen in the shopping cart and during order review prior to checkout. No post-payment shipping charges will be applied.
Click here to view an estimated Ground Time-In-Transit Map.
Need to expedite an order? Simply choose Next Day or 2 Day shipping during checkout. Expedited orders placed online receive higher priority and will typically ship within 24 hours or by the end of the next business day. In most cases, orders placed before 12:00 PM CST will be shipped the same day. We recommend calling us at (866) 634-1189 to order if you require delivery be a certain date. Delivery estimates provided for online orders are not guaranteed.
Delivery to Alaska, Hawaii and U.S. Territories
We offer both USPS Priority Mail and UPS shipping methods. A shipping quote for your order can be seen in the shopping cart and during order review prior to checkout. Additional lead times may apply.
We ship worldwide. A shipping quote for most lightweight orders can be seen in the shopping cart and during order review prior to checkout. Additional lead times may apply. Please contact us if you need assistance with a freight quote.
For our detailed shipping policy, please click here